Baron USA Inc. is veteran owned Tennessee-based firm founded in 1975. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art purification and impregnation systems.
Baron has manufactured equipment for major utilities throughout the world and most major U.S. original equipment manufacturers, including Cooper Power Systems, Westinghouse, McGraw Edison, General Electric, RTE, Square D, ABB, Hevi Duty, Waukesha Electric, North American Transformer, Howard Industries and SMIT. Baron has evaluated existing processes and provided innovative solutions that have not only reduced processing time, but also improved the quality of the end product.
From 1975 - 1986 Baron USA was known as Baron & Associates, Inc.
Advantages of Baron Purifiers
- Maintain Constant Oil Quality – Running on clean oil, machinery lasts longer. Periodic draining and refilling will not remove all of the contamination, and remnant contamination will accelerate the deterioration of the new oil charge. Baron's continuous full-flow or bypass oil purifiers ensure constant oil quality and cleanliness of the circulating oil systems.
- Save Energy and Prevent Downtime – Baron's oil purifiers make possible a continuous, fully automated and unattended operation. Equipment running on clean oils and lubricants works more efficiently and uses less energy. Recycled oils and lubricants permit operation of equipment at optimum performance, so downtime is minimized.
- Eliminate the Need to Recycle – Most oils do not wear out. They simply become contaminated with water, solids and products of oxidation. Our oil reclamation systems remove contaminants by means of vacuum dehydration, filtration and adsorption. The result: oils and lubricants are kept "new" and in use indefinitely. In fact, some typical steam turbine lubrication systems in power plants are still running on the same oil charges installed 25 years ago.
- Remove all free and most dissolved air
- Remove all free and emulsified water (and in some applications remove dissolved water)
- Remove solid contaminants down to 0.5 micron
- Remove acids, sludge and other oxidation products
- Handle oils with viscosities from 60 to 3000 SSU (at 100F)
- Provide continuous, fully automated and unattended operation